Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish where bloggers are asked to share their Top Ten list. This weeks topic is the top books we have read so far in 2013.
1. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
This was such an interesting way to tell a story! I felt that it was a beautifully written story with beautiful drawings!
2. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
This was a captivating young adult fantasy that I just couldn't put down. I loved the characters and the intriguing plot.
3. Why I Let My Hair Grow Out by Maryrose Wood
This was a fun, fast-paced read! It was a really quirky and a great read that I really enjoyed and recommend to anyone in a reading slump.
4. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
I unexpectedly loved this book. I really enjoyed the friendship between Rose and Lissa and the story just sucked me in!
5. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
I loved having Ethan as the narrator, not only because it was refreshing to have a male main character but he was also funny and witty.
6. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
This was a brilliant story! I loved the complexity of the story and how it kept me guessing until the very end!
7. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
I loved going back into the world of shadowhunters! I enjoyed the the characters more in this series compared to the Mortal Instruments.
8. The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
This was such a great adventure story full of pirates, curses, assassins and quests!
9. Merlin's Blade by Robert Treskillard
This was a really interesting take on Merlin. I really enjoyed Merlin being a young guy and having it set before he met Arthur.
10. Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger
This was really my first venture into steampunk and I really enjoyed it!
I had more trouble than I thought I would picking ten. Seven I was definite about but then I really had to toss up which books I would put in. Hope you liked my list.
Up next: Waiting on Wednesday