Melinda's favourites book montage

The Mark of Athena
The Son of Neptune
The Lost Hero
The Last Olympian
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Titan's Curse
The Sea of Monsters
The Lightning Thief
Throne of Glass
City of Glass
The Red Pyramid
City of Ashes
City of Bones
The Golden Door
The Farseekers
Obernewtyn
The Poison Diaries
Mockingjay
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


Melinda's favorite books »

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (#2)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish where bloggers are asked to share their Top Ten list. This weeks topic is the top books we have read so far in 2013.

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian SelznickPoison Study (Study, #1)Why I Let My Hair Grow Out (Morgan Rawlinson, #1)Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1)Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)The Assassin's Curse (The Assassin's Curse, #1)Merlin's Blade (The Merlin Spiral, #1)Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1)

1. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
This was such an interesting way to tell a story! I felt that it was a beautifully written story with beautiful drawings!

2. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
This was a captivating young adult fantasy that I just couldn't put down. I loved the characters and the intriguing plot.

3. Why I Let My Hair Grow Out by Maryrose Wood 
This was a fun, fast-paced read! It was a really quirky and a great read that I really enjoyed and recommend to anyone in a reading slump.

4. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
I unexpectedly loved this book. I really enjoyed the friendship between Rose and Lissa and the story just sucked me in!

5. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
I loved having Ethan as the narrator, not only because it was refreshing to have a male main character but he was also funny and witty.

6. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
This was a brilliant story! I loved the complexity of the story and how it kept me guessing until the very end!

7. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
I loved going back into the world of shadowhunters! I enjoyed the the characters more in this series compared to the Mortal Instruments.

8. The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
This was such a great adventure story full of pirates, curses, assassins and quests!

9. Merlin's Blade by Robert Treskillard
This was a really interesting take on Merlin. I really enjoyed Merlin being a young guy and having it set before he met Arthur.

10. Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger
This was really my first venture into steampunk and I really enjoyed it!

I had more trouble than I thought I would picking ten. Seven I was definite about but then I really had to toss up which books I would put in. Hope you liked my list.

Mel.

Up next: Waiting on Wednesday

4 comments:

  1. Vampire Academy is such a great series! I also love the spin-off Bloodlines. :) Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Bloodlines yet, because I haven't actually finished reading the Vampire Academy series yet. Thanks for stopping by!:)

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of Poison Study before but I just looked it up on Goodreads and it has an avg. rating 4.20--at 40K ratings!! That's AMAZING! I just shot it to the top of my TBR list! You've read VA--yay! I love encouraging friends to read VA--I'm rereading the series now actually. I need to start Shadow Kiss next month. I love Cassandra Clare, but I didn't LOVE The Infernal Devices. I've yet to read the 3rd installment. Going back a couple hundred years into the Shadowhunter world was fun though! I'm still debating to read Beautiful Creatures. Idk if it's my thing.

    Woah, the Assasins curse is very new isn't it? I'm going to add it! Hopefully other start liking it too!

    My TTT: http://hollysreadinghollow.blogspot.com/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-6-favorite-reads-of-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poison Study is really good, but I haven't finished reading the series yet. I also haven't finished reading the vampire academy series yet, but I am looking forward to reading the rest. I wasn't a massive fan of Clary from the Mortal Instruments but I really enjoyed Tessa as a character and I liked all the other characters too, especially Charlotte, so I like The Infernal Devices better. I haven't read Clockwork Princess yet either, but I have it on hold in my library. I liked Beautiful Creatures but I can understand why you wouldn't. The Assassin's Curse came out late last year and it really is a great read!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete