Melinda's favourites book montage

The Mark of Athena
The Son of Neptune
The Lost Hero
The Last Olympian
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Titan's Curse
The Sea of Monsters
The Lightning Thief
Throne of Glass
City of Glass
The Red Pyramid
City of Ashes
City of Bones
The Golden Door
The Farseekers
Obernewtyn
The Poison Diaries
Mockingjay
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


Melinda's favorite books »

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Books to come!

So I didn't manage to get a post up last week because it was my 21st birthday and I was busy preparing for my party! I apologise for not posting. This week is the second last week before we go back to normal post scheduling. I will do a short post next week as to what I have planned and I will also do a post about what books I am looking forward to in February, as well as a review or two.

Today I am going to do a post about what books I will be likely to review in the next couple of weeks. Some of the books I will be reading for challenges so I will tell you what challenges that they are being read for. Don't forget that if you would like to sign up for any of the challenges, visit my Challenges page!

I have borrowed a bunch of books from my local library over the holidays, that I am starting to make my way through. These are:

  • Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta which I am currently reading and is being read for the Australian Women Writers challenge.
  • Little Fur by Isobelle Carmody which is also being read for the Australian Women Writers challenge.
  • Metro Winds by Isobelle Carmody which I am reading for the Short Story Summer hallenge and the Australian Women Writers challenge.
  • Green Monkey Dreams by Isobelle Carmody which I am also reading for both the Short Story Summer and the Australian Women Writers challenge.
  • Eternal edited by P. C. Cast which I am reading for the Short Story Summer Challenge. 
I did borrow some other books that looked interesting, but I may not review them, or actually get them read.

I also got some money for Christmas and bought 4 enovellas, among other books, that I have read and plan to review soon. These are all Throne of Glass novellas and are:
  • The Assassin and the Pirate Lord by Sarah J. Maas
  • The Assassin and the Desert by Sarah J. Maas
  • The Assassin and the Underworld by Sarah J. Maas
  • The Assassin and the Empire by Sarah J. Maas
I also bought two paperbacks which are The Poison Diaries: Nightshade by Maryrose Wood and The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke.

I have another book that I will be reading for two challenges, the Short Story Summer challenge and the 2013 TBR Pile challenge. This book is a collection of short stories titled Merlin and is edited by Mike Ashley.

So these are the books that you can look forward to receiving a review for! If any of you have read these I would like to know your thoughts down in the comments. 

Mel.

No comments:

Post a Comment