Melinda's favourites book montage

The Mark of Athena
The Son of Neptune
The Lost Hero
The Last Olympian
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Titan's Curse
The Sea of Monsters
The Lightning Thief
Throne of Glass
City of Glass
The Red Pyramid
City of Ashes
City of Bones
The Golden Door
The Farseekers
Obernewtyn
The Poison Diaries
Mockingjay
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


Melinda's favorite books »

Saturday 30 March 2013

Seven on Saturday - Series that I have yet to finish

Seven on Sunday is where I will put a list of seven bookish things (e.g. My seven favourite book couples), with a new topic each week.

This weeks topic is Series that I have yet to finished, either because I didn't like them, I got sidetracked or for some other reason. I am slightly ashamed at how long this list is, so here are seven of the series I haven't finished. (The pictures are of the books that I have read of each series and clicking them will take you to their Goodreads page.)
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
1. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
I started reading The Mortal Instruments this year and quickly got through City of Bones, City of Ashes and City of Glass. I then took a little break from the series before trying to read City of Fallen Angels. From the beginning of the book Clary was annoying me but as Simon was also narrating parts of it I was managing to get through it okay. Then Simon started annoying me and to prevent myself from throwing my friends book away out of frustration, I stopped reading it. I am planning on trying it again, maybe in audiobook form, because I do want to know what happens.
Obernewtyn (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #1)The Farseekers (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #2)Ashling (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #3)The Keeping Place (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #4)The Stone Key (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #5)
2. Obernewtyn Chronicles by Isobelle Carmody
This is one of my favourite series yet the reason I haven't finished the series isn't because I am waiting for the last book to come out. The reason why I haven't finished the series is because I didn't finish book number six, The Sending. This is because it had been a little while since I had read the first five books so I was spending my time trying to remember what happened to connect the dots. I will finish The Sending, but I will probably wait for the last book to come out and then reread them all before I do. 
Fallen (Fallen, #1)
3. Fallen Series by Lauren Kate
I didn't even finish the first book in this series. For me it dragged on a bit and I didn't really get into it. With this series I also plan on at least trying the first book again, because my friends loved it.
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)
4. Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick
I really liked the first book of this series, but the second book didn't really excite me much so I didn't read the third and paid no attention to when it was coming out. Then for Christmas I got either the third or the fourth book so now I plan on finishing the series because, although it does seem like it, I prefer to finish every series I start.
A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1)
5. Gemma Doyle Series by Libba Bray
I had two attempts at trying to read A Great and Terrible Beauty, and both times I haven't finished it. It isn't that I don't like it, I just have some trouble getting fully immersed into the story and so I get easily distracted by other books. I do plan on at least finishing A Great and Terrible Beauty at some stage.
The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1)School's Out Forever (Maximum Ride, #2)
6. Maximum Ride series by James Patterson
Wow, I just looked this series up on Goodreads and I didn't realise how many books have been released! I have read the first two books and I really liked them. The only reason I haven't read the others is because I have yet to get my hands on a copy of them. 
Evernight (Evernight, #1)Stargazer (Evernight, #2)Hourglass (Evernight, #3)
7. Evernight series by Claudia Gray
I finished the first three of this series, and I own the fourth, so I do plan on finishing them. The reason I stopped reading was because I was waiting for the fourth book to come out but I haven't got around to reading it yet. I also plan to read the spin-off book, Balthazar, as well.

This is just a slight taste of the many series that I have yet to finish. I do plan on finishing all the series that I have on going at some point, because I am the sort of person who needs to know how everything ended, even if I liked the book or not.

Do you have many series you have yet to finish?

Mel.

Next up: Wrap-up/Preview

No comments:

Post a Comment