Seven on Sunday is where I will put a list of seven bookish things (e.g. My seven favourite book couples), with a new topic each week.
The topic I choose this week was the seven books that I would want with me if I ever got stranded on a deserted island. I did cheat a little and count series as one book.
So the seven books I would want with me are:
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling series - I tend to reread this series at least once a year, so this would definitely be a must have for me. Plus it would take me a little while to get through it.
- Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis - As with the Harry Potter series, Chronicles of Narnia is a reread. I have reread this series a couple of times and each time it captures my imagination.
- Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien - This is again here for the same reasons as above. I love this story and I always manage to pick up something new each time I read it. Again it is a fairly large read and will take me a little while to get through.
- Obernewtyn Chronicles by Isobelle Carmody - See the past three reasons.
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo - I haven't read this yet but I really want to and it is a massive book that would keep me occupied for a while.
- Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead - This is a series that I have started but that I haven't finished yet, but I really want to. I really enjoyed the first two books and it would be good to finish the series.
- The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta - This is for the same reason as the Vampire Academy series. I loved the first book and I really want to read Quintana of Charyn to know how everything is resolved!
What books would you want with you?
Up next: Wrap-up/Preview