Melinda's favourites book montage

The Mark of Athena
The Son of Neptune
The Lost Hero
The Last Olympian
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Titan's Curse
The Sea of Monsters
The Lightning Thief
Throne of Glass
City of Glass
The Red Pyramid
City of Ashes
City of Bones
The Golden Door
The Farseekers
Obernewtyn
The Poison Diaries
Mockingjay
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


Melinda's favorite books »

Saturday 25 May 2013

Seven on Saturday

Seven on Sunday is where I will put a list of seven bookish things (e.g. My seven favourite book couples), with a new topic each week.

 The topic I choose this week was the seven books that I would want with me if I ever got stranded on a deserted island. I did cheat a little and count series as one book.
So the seven books I would want with me are:

  1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling series - I tend to reread this series at least once a year, so this would definitely be a must have for me. Plus it would take me a little while to get through it.
  2. Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis - As with the Harry Potter series, Chronicles of Narnia is a reread. I have reread this series a couple of times and each time it captures my imagination. 
  3. Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien  - This is again here for the same reasons as above. I love this story and I always manage to pick up something new each time I read it. Again it is a fairly large read and will take me a little while to get through.
  4. Obernewtyn Chronicles by Isobelle Carmody - See the past three reasons.
  5. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo - I haven't read this yet but I really want to and it is a massive book that would keep me occupied for a while.
  6. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead - This is a series that I have started but that I haven't finished yet, but I really want to. I really enjoyed the first two books and it would be good to finish the series.
  7. The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta - This is for the same reason as the Vampire Academy series. I loved the first book and I really want to read Quintana of Charyn to know how everything is resolved!

What books would you want with you?

Mel.

Up next: Wrap-up/Preview

No comments:

Post a Comment