Melinda's favourites book montage

The Mark of Athena
The Son of Neptune
The Lost Hero
The Last Olympian
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Titan's Curse
The Sea of Monsters
The Lightning Thief
Throne of Glass
City of Glass
The Red Pyramid
City of Ashes
City of Bones
The Golden Door
The Farseekers
Obernewtyn
The Poison Diaries
Mockingjay
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games


Melinda's favorite books »

Thursday 14 February 2013

Throwback Thursday - Chronicles of Narnia

Welcome to another episode of Throwback Thursday! This week I am looking back on Chronicles of Narnia.

The Chronicles of Narnia captured my imagination in a way that only Harry Potter had done previously. I had heard of the books before the first movie came out, but I hadn't read them. This was another one of those cases where I watched the first movie before I read the first book. I then read the books, in reading order, before the next movies came out. 

I loved C.S. Lewis' imagination and the world that he created in this series. I loved his writing and all the deeper meanings that could be found. I loved all the different characters and watching them all develop.

My favourite book is The Horse and His Boy because I loved the idea of a horse that could talk and have such an amazing bond with his rider. As a horse rider myself, that always called to me and I would always imagine what it would be like to have my horses talk to me. 

I always loved the talking animals. My favourites included Mr and Mrs Beaver from the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Reepicheep and, of course, Aslan. I particularly loved Reepicheep because he was so fierce, even though he was so small. I also loved all the magical creatures, such as the centaurs and the dryads. I loved the idea that trees had spirits. 

My favourite memory to do with the series was when my mum gave me her box set that she had read when she was a kid. The covers were all warn and some of the books had started to fall apart because she had read them so much, but it just meant so much to me that she would give them to me.

Have you read the Chronicles of Narnia? If you have let me know what you think of them and what your favourite memory of them were in the comments below.

Mel.

Up next: Review: Green Monkey Dreams by Isobelle Carmody

No comments:

Post a Comment